Alberta Health Guidelines
Additional public health measures are in place for all users of Forfar Recreation Park.
- Names and contact information of all users will be taken at the gate for the purposes of contact tracing. These names will be held for a period of two weeks and then destroyed.
- All users will be required to follow social distancing guidelines for outdoor spaces.
- Additional cleaning measures will be undertaken by the County according to provincial health guidelines.
- Day use area
- Boat launch
- Cookhouse (wired for generators)
- Hiking trails
- ATV Compound
- Marked swimming area
- Fishing & Fish Cleaning Station
- 73 Un‐serviced campsites
- Well water
- Group area with cookhouse and wood stove
- Campground Manager On-Site from May long weekend through September long weekend
- Day use- $5 per vehicle
- Boat Launch – $5 per launch
- Wood- $8 per bundle
- Overnight- $25 per night / Seniors $20 per night (65 and over)
- Extra camper units are an extra $15/night
Forfar Park offers group camping for those wishing to host a family reunion or special occasion. The Group Sites fees includes up to thirteen (13) camping units.
- $240 per night for residents living outside Athabasca County boundaries
- $200 per night for residents living within Athabasca County boundaries
- $125 non-refundable deposit is required for Group Campsites
- Additional units (over 13) $10 each/night.
Seasonal Camping sites are available by application. The application period is closed for 2020. For more information about applying for a site, and which ones are available, click on the link below.
From Athabasca: South on Hwy 2 18 km to Hwy 663 West 23km. Watch for the sign. Turn North on Rge Rd 250. Legal land description: NE 25-64-25-W4
Bookings and Information
Campground Manager | 780-675-5253