The Town of Athabasca and Athabasca County are currently accepting applications for the contract position of Project Manager, for an anticipated term of 18 months.
Reporting to the Town and County CAOs, the Project Manager is responsible for successful completion of the new 32,500 square foot aquatic centre, which will be attached to the Athabasca Regional Multiplex.
The role is accountable for:
- Assist in reviewing and providing recommendation on the awarding of bid documents for facility construction
- Administering construction contracts to ensure terms are fulfilled
- Coordinating and supervising of all stages of work
- Cost tracking to ensure project remains on budget
- Monitor construction progress and recommend approval of progress payments
- Track and review project schedule to ensure project remains on schedule
- Schedule and attend all construction progress meetings with the builder and consultants
The preferred candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in a similar position; construction or manufacturing industry experience essential
- PMP certification
- Experience with LEAN Office or LEAN Manufacturing considered an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent leadership, report-writing, communication, presentation, problem solving, financial /budgeting capability, administrative and organizational skills
- Proven ability to plan, schedule and review work of others in a manner conducive to proficient performance and high morale
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Qualified candidates are invited to submit an application, outlining qualifications and previous project experience, as well as expected hourly rate, by Thursday, April 13, 2017, via e-mail only to:
Ryan Maier | firstname.lastname@example.org
RE: Project Manager
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.