Athabasca County is seeking Members At Large to serve on the following committees:
Athabasca Airport Committee (One) Member – 2 Year Term
- One County resident to serve as a Member at Large on the Athabasca Airport Committee for a 2 year term, ending December 31, 2021.
- The Committee meets as required, and would usually have 3 – 4 morning meetings per year, with several days’ notice given. Aviation interest or knowledge is a definite asset.
Tourism/Economic Development Committee (One) Member – 3 Year Term
- One County resident to serve as a Member at Large on the Tourism/Economic Development Committee for a 3 year term, ending December 31, 2022.
- The Committee meets during the day on a regular monthly basis. Economic Development and Tourism knowledge would be a definite asset.
Family & Community Support Services (Two) Members – 3 Year Term
- Two County residents to serve as a Member at Large on the Family & Community Support Services Board for a 3 year term ending December 31, 2022.
- The Board has 8 scheduled morning meetings per year, with several days’ notice given. Applicants must be willing to support the FCSS Mission ‘to improve individual, family & community well-being by providing or supporting preventative programs & services’. For more information, please visit https://athabascacounty.com/family-and-community-support-services/
Members of the above mentioned Boards will be eligible for a meeting honoraria and travel expenses, as set by County Policy.
Application deadline for the above positions is October 11, 2019.
Submit written applications to:
Leah Blair, Executive Secretary
3602-48 Ave., Athabasca, AB T9S 1M8
Phone: (780) 675-2273; or Email: email@example.com