Athabasca County has a variety of seasonal/summer positions requiring skilled and semi-skilled workers for various departments.
The terms of the positions, dependent of weather, will be from May to October 2021.
(Timelines and Dates will be adjusted to accommodate Post-Secondary Education Students – May to August 2021)
– Labourer III/Light Equipment Operators
– Recreational Maintenance Workers
– Agricultural Vegetation Management Technicians
– Heavy Equipment Operators/Roadside Mowers
– Heavy Truck Operators
Experience using, maintaining, operating light & heavy equipment (bobcats, quads, riding mowers, tractors pulling equipment – packers, dozer, hydraulic excavator), light/medium trucks and heavy duty trucks (pulling lowboys, pups, belly dumps), and various hand & power tools;
– Valid and Up-to-Date First Aid Certification;
– Defensive Driving Course;
– Ability to take direction well & work effectively independently or with others;
– Good listening & communication skills for dealing with co-workers and the public;
– Commitment to the job by being punctual, dependable and willing to learn;
– A valid Driver’s License (minimum class 5) applicable to the position being applied for;
– The ability to work in a variety of outdoor elements;
– Physical abilities: to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and be physically fit;
– Ability to keep legible records;
– Mechanically inclined would be an asset.
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS MONDAY, MARCH 8, 2021
Interested candidates are invited to view full position descriptions and apply online by clicking on the link below:
Submit your resume by email or fax to:
Kelli Chamberlain | HR, Payroll Department
3602 – 48 Avenue
Athabasca, AB T9S 1M8
*PLEASE SPECIFY THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR
Please contact Kelli Chamberlain at the Athabasca County Administration Office for further information:
P: (780) 675-2273 | F: (780) 675-5512 | email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.