Athabasca County is seeking members of the community to serve as Members At Large on the Airport Committee and Assessment Review Board. Position descriptions and general information about the positions are as follows:
Athabasca Airport Committee (One) Member – 2-Year Term
- One County resident to serve as a Member at Large on the Athabasca Airport Committee for a 2-year term, ending December 31, 2022.
- The Committee meets as required and usually has 3 – 4 morning meetings per year, with several days’ notice given.
- Aviation interest or knowledge is a definite asset.
Assessment Review Board (Two) Members – 3-Year Term
- Two County residents to serve as Members at Large on the Assessment Review Board for a 3-year term, ending October 2023.
- The purpose of the Board is to hear complaints against local property assessments.
- Mandatory training is required (3-day course).
- The Board meets as required.
Members of the above-mentioned Boards will be eligible for a meeting honoraria and travel expenses, as set by County Policy.
Application deadline for the above positions is October 16, 2020.
Submit written applications to:
Leah Blair, Executive Secretary
3602-48 Ave., Athabasca, AB T9S 1M8
(780) 675-2273 | firstname.lastname@example.org