Athabasca County provides community groups and/or individuals the opportunity to obtain funding by conducting the Hamlet & Roadway Clean-up for the municipality.
This is an incentive program to enhance the appearance of our Hamlets and certain roadways and at the same time, help community members to raise money.
The clean-up areas and rates are set as follows:
• Al-Pac Connector Roads
– North of Hwy 55 (12 miles) $ 150/mile
– West of Hwy 63 (4 miles) $ 150/mile
• Century Road (3 miles) & Aspen Ridge Road (1 mile) $600
• Hamlets of Caslan, Colinton, Grassland, Rochester & Wandering River $600/each
• Hamlets of Atmore, Breynat, Ellscott, Meanook & Perryvale $ 300/each
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your letter of request, indicating a specific hamlet or roadway to be cleaned, to the following by April 29, 2021:
Hamlet & Roadway Clean-up Program
3602-48 Ave., Athabasca, Alberta T9S 1M8
or Fax to: (780) 675-5512
The full roadside and hamlet clean-up policy can be viewed by clicking on the link below or by calling our office for more information.