Athabasca County is seeking members of the community to serve as Members At Large. Position descriptions and general information about the positions are as follows:
Agricultural Services Board (One) Member – 1-Year Term
- ONE County resident to serve as a Members at Large on the Agricultural Services Board for a 1-year term.
- The membership of the board shall include persons who are familiar with agricultural concerns consistent with the Agricultural Services Board Act.
- The members advise on agricultural acts and policies for the municipality and promote, enhance, & protect viable & sustainable agriculture in Athabasca County.
- The Board meets quarterly on the last Wednesday of the month at 9:30 am.
Family & Community Support Services (One) Member – 3-Year Term
- ONE County resident to serve as a Member at Large on the Family & Community Support Services Board for a 3-year term ending December 31, 2025.
- The Board has 8 scheduled morning meetings per year, with several days’ notice given. Applicants must be willing to support the FCSS Mission ‘to improve individual, family & community well-being by providing or supporting preventative programs & services’. For more information, please visit https://athabascacounty.com/family-and-community-support-services/
Members of the above-mentioned Boards will be eligible for a meeting honoraria & travel expenses as set by County Policy.
Application deadline for the above positions is December 9, 2022. Submit written applications to:
Leah Blair, Executive Secretary
3602-48 Ave., Athabasca, AB T9S 1M8
Phone: 780-675-2273; or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org